Wednesday 9 January 2013

Positive energy


I really really believe in positive energy. Obviously it doesn't solve everything, and it's ridiculously hard to muster up when you're constantly having a hard time. I'm used to having a hard time, I am, but I think it's really important to try and stay positive in almost every circumstance.

I'm often the first person to think "well, nothing good is going to come of this, this sucks (blah blah blah)" and I can get in really horrible, negative head spaces, but I think with a great variety of things that happen you can find some positive element within it.

I know quite a few people with mental illness, I struggle with horrible body image and it often becomes so bad that all I want to do is rip the skin and fat off my body - but these are the things that me (we) have to work on.

When I think of waking up every single day and feeling like a whale, when every flaw I have is magnified and it often stops me from having fun, I imagine myself at 24 (I don't know why that age), when I will have worked constantly on accepting myself for who I am, and I imagine that I will have finally accepted myself for who I am. Right now it fucking sucks that I have to deal with it, but in the end, something good will hopefully come from it.

Anyway, this has been a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but I think it's really important to always hold on to hope - it's so dire to believe that one day things will be better. Those thoughts will keep you pushing through today and tomorrow and probably the next couple of years, but one day it will be worth it, and you will be so glad you stayed positive and pushed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment